A God Guide to Harvesting

Oct. 4
Week Three Day One Blackaby's When God Speaks
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
that I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:11

All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in
righteousness, that the man of God may

be complete, thoroughly equipped for
every good work.
2 Tim. 3:16-17
Umm, umm God! Blackaby says: "God wants to
say many things to you through His Word. God may
confront your sin or reveal something about Himself
to enable you to love and trust Him more. God could
bring Scripture to mind to alert you to something He
knows you will encounter. God's Word can bring
comfort in times of crisis. Each time you respond in
obedience to what God reveals, He speaks to you
further about His will.

Check out those action verbs! God is not stagnant.
He wants to be intimately involved in our lives, He
loves us and created us for relationship. He has given
us a guide to follow. This morning, before my eyes
opened the word harvest was on my heart.

I went to Webster's to see how the definitions would speak
to me. A mature crop made me laugh as I thought about
my aging body and where I am in life!
An accumulated store or productive result had me taking
inventory of what am I doing with what I have accumulated
(materially and spiritually) in life...am I productive for the
Lord.
Then I headed off to the concordance to see what God's Word
has to say about harvests.

Here are some of the verses God used to speak to me:
About the election:
Proverbs 25:13
Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a
trustworthy messenger to those who send him;
he refreshes the spirit of his masters.
About the economy:
Isaiah 32:10
In little more than a year you who feel secure will tremble;
the grape harvest will fail, and the harvest of fruit will not come.
About people I love who don't live for the Lord
Jeremiah 8:20
"The harvest is past, the summer has ended,
and we are not saved."
About Evangelism
Matthew 9:37
Then he said to his disciples,
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
About Persevering
Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
About Discipline
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.
Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness
and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Let's Pray: Father God, You are Lord of the Harvest! Let us not grow
weary, but be about Your business and reap the blessings You have stored
up for us. I am going to a baby shower for our first grandchild today and am
thinking how sad it would be if the gift I have made for him was not able
to be given. God, you have so many good things for us, but so often we are
about our own business and miss the blessings and gifts that are waiting
to be bestowed because we fail to show up in Your presence.
Guide us God to the harvest, we are ready to work! Please Lord, do not
remove Your hand from our nation as a result of Your children not
praying and seeking You. And may the lost not be left behind because
we were not obedient to carry Your message! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?