Rushed into a Rut

October 21/22

For the past two days I have been rushed and
in a writing rut. Strangely enough the word that
keeps coming to me over and over again is
calligraphy. Googling the definition, which
triggered zilch, led me to penmanship. That
led me to go to my concordance and type in
"written word," which has taken me deeper
than I ever intended to go.
Josiah was 8 years old when he became King
following his father's death. At age 18 he began
a project to repair the temple of the Lord. Hilkiah,
found the Book of the Law there and saw to it
that this discovery was made known to Josiah.
This is what the king asked:
"Go and inquire of the LORD for me and for the
people and for all Judah about what is written
in this book that has been found. Great is the LORD's
anger that burns against us because our fathers have
not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted
in accordance with all that is written there concerning us."

2 Kings 22:13
2 Kings 23 tells how in detail how Josiah cleaned up!

In my other study, Beth Moore is in Matthew 18:1-9...
"Woe to the world because of offenses. For offenses must
come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes." (7)

She states, To live consistently outside a trap, we must
recognize our own responsibility in at least three ways.
We are responsible for:
1) repenting of the sin of taking the bait
2) learning why we took the bait
3) asking God to mend and fortify the weak places in the
fabric of our heart, soul, and mind so we will not continue
life as a victim.
She says, "A critical part of my own personal freedom in
Christ has been asking God to help me search my heart,
soul, and mind for vulnerabilities to foolish decisions."

Another verse that the written word search took me
to was in Revelation 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this
prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and
take to heart what is written in it,
because the time is near.

May we remember nothing catches God by
surprise...He is aware and He is in control.
May we live in a way that shows we are ready
for Christ's return!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?