Advance

June 10

Advance-definition-to accelerate the growth or progress of.

Looking at my toothpaste tube the words "Advanced Whitening" jumped out at me.
Reading the definition above made me think of how we are to
"advance" the gospel...accelerate the growth of Christianity.
Paul's response to being chained up was...

Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has
really served to advance the gospel
. Philippians 1:12

What evidences are there in our lives that we are advancing the Gospel.

How often do we pray for those on the frontlines such as pastors, missionaries,
Christian educators, Bible Study and Sunday school teachers?

Yesterday we met with our pastor to see how we could serve a local church we
have joined. He seemed to be taken back by the concept of coming in and
asking where we were needed, saying "I don't get many people coming in asking
where they can serve."
Leaving his office a man, woman and child waited for their appointment with
this man. They paced in the waiting room outside the office as if they were in
an emergency room waiting for news from a doctor. Tears were in their eyes,
yet none of the three of them seemed to look at one another. Heartache was
clearly written on their faces.
Instantly I realized "heartache" was the norm which walked through this
pastor's door.

Here is a fun idea for us...let's advance the Gospel by lifting up those
who are often laden with the burdens of others. Send your doctor a card
asking how he/she is. When was the last time we took dinner or gave a
gift card to our minister? Maybe you want to stop by a funeral home and
give them something that is living..like an herb. One day I took my
butcher some chowder I had made from the salmon he had wrapped for me!
(That was a first for him.)
Today I have to visit an attorney, my hair dresser and a doctor...all
those people serve continually and could use a lift and a little
Jesus in their day.

We are to be a peculiar people, foreigners in this world, advancing the
Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, so let's get going!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?