Genuinely Devoted

June 19
Honestly, lallygagging (or lolly gagging, both are correct) is not where I've been.

Devoted to commit by a solemn act or to give over.
Genuine sincerely and honestly felt or experienced.

It's late Lord, where are You going with these words?
My first instinct was on how we should be devoted to the Lord, but
He was headed a whole different direction and has spoken so clearly
through His Word. How incredible it is that we have the Word as a
measuring stick to test things out?
Check out these verses.

Acts 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship,
to the breaking of bread and to prayer.


Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
Honor one another above yourselves.


Philippians 2:19-21 Paul says:
I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon,
that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you.
I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare.
For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.


As the treasured body of Christ, we are to be genuinely concerned and
involved in the lives of one another. We are to break bread together,
to fellowship and pray with one another and keep one another accountable
as to whether we are growing in the teachings of Christ. Honoring one
another above ourselves, means our minds wander to others before
dwelling on our own needs.

Tonight we were on the receiving end of such fellowship. We were encouraged,
uplifted, kept accountable and even challenged. (One friend courageously
asked the waitress what we could pray for her...she was elated...then he
passed the buck and had Deke pray! We need friends who keep us on our toes
for Jesus!)
Walking in the house, I said my usual..."they are such special friends",
but then I followed it up with..."I think they really love us."

Such a thought process had an interesting impact upon me.
Hopefully, when people leave my presence they feel loved.
Check up time...I need to look at the gauges of my life and see
how they read.

Let's pray: God, you are love! We lift Your name on high and bow humbly
before You. Father, help us to live in such a way that when we leave the
presence of another they will feel loved as Christ loves them. Send the
supernatural filling of the Holy Spirit into our lives so that we radiate
such a presence! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?