Light the Flame

June 2

Hearing a tough accusation yesterday made about someone because they
own a business which sells equipment for board sports troubled me.
The accuser appeared to be making a statement all snowboarders, wake
boarders and skate boarders are bad kids. Well, my daughter, who is
the dearest of dear people and a harpist, also loves to snowboard and
wake board. I was ready to take acception.

This morning the Lord took me back 25 years to a place where I made an
innocent offense. We were having a young couple's gathering for our
Sunday School class. I was young in my faith, but loved coming up with
party ideas which brought about laughter. I had read in a party idea
book about musical chairs where the men sit in the chairs and the women
go around and sit on one of them when the music stopped. I was reprimanded
by one of the men on how inappropriate this was.

Now, 25 years later, I see that he was exactly right. While I was not
suggesting a lap dance and we were all married couples, at that point
in my life I was not aware of the temptations which could be tossed by
such an activity. We do not know what causes others to stumble and where
their weaknesses are.

One match can be lit and start a fire which brings warmth and comfort,
another can fan the flames of total destruction. Praise God for accountability
partners who help us see these things.

Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?