Perspective

June 29

Driving home from a morning walk two flashbacks occurred. The first was
the large round hand washing station at my elementary school. I've never
seen another sink system like that in my life. Walking up and stepping
on a metal bar near the floor, caused a sprinkler type head to come on and
spray into this large circular tub. Ten children could easily circle around
and wash their hands at the same time. This piece of equipment seemed
enormous. Then when I was grown and my own children attended that same
school I realized how small everything was actually. The other situation
that entered my mind was the stage at my church growing up. It was on that
stage I watched a singer perform, who later that same evening led me to Christ. Thinking back that little fellowship hall seemed like a civic center!

Perspective is defined as the capacity to view things in their true relations
or relative importance (urge you to maintain your perspective and to view your own task in a larger framework).

God is blowing me away with all He is teaching me.
Check out this verse from The Message.

Colossians 3:1
[He Is Your Life] So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.

Let's Pray: Father, God, Your perspective is the right perspective and we
do want to see things Your way. Forgive us when we waiver in our faith.
Keep us alert and ready for action. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?