Compassion

February 19

Lord, have compassion on me, I've let the world trump my time with you this week.

Merriam Webster's definition of compassion:
sympathetic consciousness of others' distress
together with a desire to alleviate it


I keep reading this definition over and over. The obvious difference between feeling sorry for someone and having compassion for them comes in the second half of the definition. Christ like compassion should move us to the point of having a desire to help alleviate another person's distress. One of the most powerful ways to have a positive impact is to earnestly pray for the dilemma that person is experiencing.

Struggling with some back pain I was on the floor stretching yesterday and looked over at my prayer bench. Sorrowfully, I realized I could not remember the last time I knelt there to pray. The most powerful punches we can throw the enemy come from fervent prayer.
Time to get on my knees and alleviate the distance which I have created with the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?