Overload

February 22
Lord, I have one of those 14 hour days ahead which does not stop and I am already late and feeling overwhelmed. Looking out my window is the deepest, pink sunrise I have ever seen. While beautiful, I am thinking of the rhyme my father taught me when he was teaching me to sail..."red sky at morning, sailor take warning; red sky at night, sailor's delight." (Ha, we were just on the lake and always insight of the shoreline!) Hopefully, that warning does not apply to the storms of everyday life.

Needing a verse to cling to, I felt rushed and as if there wasn't even time to write the devo or look up a verse. I opened a 50 page document where I have been doing a Bible study and scrolled to the middle to look for a quote about the storms of life. Instead...there aws what I needed to bring me peace.


The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Deuteronomy 31:8

I probably won't get my legs shaved today, but since a personal massage and pedicure are not on the agenda that should go unnoticed! Do pray I am not in a wreck and end up in the ER where they will be grossed out with the stubble!

See, just taking time to hang here with God has renewed my spirits.
My He be real to each of you today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?