Too Much of a Good Thing

February 8th
What began as another lovely winter walk to get our mail took a turn. Wearing my son's red snowboard jacket I hiked 1/2 mile UP our gravel driveway to the main road where our mailbox is located. Four large trees were down across the road blocking my passage. Earlier we heard a loud boom and saw a pine tree had come to rest across the top of one of our boat houses. The weight of this heavy wet snow was too much for these trees. Over 50 scrub pines were down on the trails alone. Our work is cut out for us and another storm is on the way tomorrow.We are appreciating those five sons of ours who used to live at home, but now live far away.

My husband will not be happy with me for sharing, but he has been struggling with a knee injury for a month, which is most likely a meniscus tear now pressing on a vein and causing his ankle to swell. Wednesday he has a doctor's appointment scheduled so he can evaluate options. All that to say he didn't need to be trodding out in a foot of snow. He said our chain saw was broken anyway.

Being human, I made my usual mistake and first called people! Neither had chain saws..probably a good thing because I would have tried to use it myself! Making my way to the main road I just stood there and prayed..."What should I do Lord?"
Immediately a pick up truck with a blade on the front came down the road and I flagged it down. "Do you have a chain saw?" I asked as I explained the predicament to a very cute thirty-something. :) He politely introduced himself and offered to drive me down the road to the first blockage where three large trees were stacked on top of themselves across the road. Before he finished, my husband showed up on a four wheeler. He had been able to repair our saw enough to cut through the tree on the lower part of the road.
How quickly life can turn. What a different day this had been from the one before.

While my heart is saddened by the state of the woods and the trails, feeling they are going to look awful now, I know my God works all things together for good. There will be a time of rejoicing. When winter has completed her fury we will have a clean up day and ask friends/students to come help. God will show up and show off and get all the glory! For with Christ, there is never too much of His good thing!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?