What You Want..Baby I Got!

February 3

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning
I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble
.- Psalm 59:16

Psalm 59:16 was the verse on Biblegateway this morning.
What should I sing this AM? Aretha Franklin's opening lyrics
to her song "Respect" came barrelling through my mind. While they
definitely are not Christian lyrics they could be when it comes to God's love.

What you want, baby I got!
What's you need? You know I got!


Whatever the void in our lives, the love of Christ can fill it.

Being the "love" month, I thought I would check online for famous love quotes.
I started to list some "top ten"lists, but they were so boring compared to what God's word says about love. Searching the word love on Biblegateway 697 references came up.
Here are just a few New Testament verses to thrill your heart!

Matthew 22:37
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
1 Corinthians 16:14
Do everything in love.
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:16
God is love.
1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?