Lather Up

July 19

Getting ready for church yesterday I realized I really needed to shampoo my hair and time was of the essence. Kneeling over the bathtub, squirting a glob of shampoo into my hand, I started to rub it in and realized my hair needed to be wetter to get an effective lather going. If I just squirted the shampoo on my head, it would be ineffective. The substance needed to be worked into my scalp for the best results.

The Word of God is similar. Our Bibles can sit by our bedsides or on shelves in our homes, but until we prepare our hearts and consciously lather the scripture into our lives it isn't going to change us.

And heaven forbid we go after a product like Pssssst. How many of you remember this? It was a powdery substance you sprayed on your hair when you didn't have time to do the real thing and wash it. Gross and double gross.
There are some Psssst religions out there. They want to just spray a "life is lovely" religion on you, without any substance. Life is a lot and not always lovely. God left us an amazing book to lead us to the way it should be lived. So let's lather up and let God's Word breathe life into our lives as He directs us today.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?