Order Up!

July 23
This morning I was praying away before I even opened my eyes. Many of you know I have a dear friend and kindred spirit who has battled cancer for six years. Praying a way for her this morning, I was laying out for God a list of specifics for her. Then I heard him say, "While you are at it Boo. Just how is it you would like me to be bring her home to the streets of gold later in life when it is her time?"

Ugh, I realized my prayers sounded like a customer at a restaurant placing an order. "I would like to order healing for my friend, with a side of no need for meds, chemo or radiation. Instead of a salad I would like her to have a day full of laughter and for dessert a promise that she will be pain free from here on out."

Oh my. God loves my friend more than I do and he aches that she is having to endure this dreadful disease. He has her in the palm of his hand and has amazing angels surrounding her and people in place as encouragers. God has a plan, but my prayers had a tone to them which implied I felt He was not on the job.

Matthew 6:7-9 says: And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. "This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..."

Praise the Lord He knows our hearts and is patient with us as our faith grows and when our prayers are babbly! There is no special formula to our prayer lives as exemplified by David through the variation in the Psalms. Those prayers waiver from praise to crying out in crisis mode. The important thing is to stay in communication with our Creator.

Lord, how quickly we forget who You are and how far above us (literally and figuratively)You are. Enthroned upon the heavens is the Lord, God, Almighty! Thank You, thank You for being willing to communicate with us. I didn't talk to one of those ants I smushed yesterday, yet we are probably smaller than ants in comparison to your stature and You care about every thought which passes through our minds. Take those minds Father and have us surrender them to You and Your ways. May not only our thoughts and actions reflect Your will and Your ways, but our very prayers and desires line up with what would bring You glory. All hail Lord Jesus, our King! In whose name we pray, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?