Praise Anyway

August 17

Today I am having a small luncheon for some of my friends whose names begin with the letter "K". The table is set, the party favors are done, each lady has a scripture card with a key "k" word in the verse, and the food is ready to be tasted. Are you thinking kidney beans with ketchup, kale, kiwis and kit kats for dessert?
No, there are too many fabulous fresh veggies out there we are having Gazpacho.(Recipe to come!)
My mind was singing an old praise song before I even opened my eyes.
What a way to start the day!
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart, give Him praise,
give Him praise.

Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart,your voices raised,
your voices raised.

Give Him glory, honor, and power unto Him,oh, Jesus name above all names.


And then it happened, BAM! A bird had hit our dining room windows. Continuing to praise the Lord, I gave thanks my husband was home. (Not sure if you remember I have a fear of birds.) Had my husband not been home, I would have had to be the one to go out and remove a dead bird before my girlfriends arrived and they probably would have found me dead in the driveway from a heart attack!
The enemy loves to hit. The question is, do we continue to praise during the smack downs in life that come?

Have a great day, praising the name of Jesus the whole way.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?