Stretch

August 6
The red sun blazed through my bedroom window beckoning me to awake and get on with the day. Rolling over onto my belly, my arms extended forward and my toes pointed right off the mattress in a long stretch and that is the word which came barrelling through my brain. "Oh, Lord, please don't tell me You are going to stretch my faith today, " I thought.
Wondering where He was leading me with this, no Bible verse came to mind with the word stretch. Flipping to the concordance in the NIV Bible by my bed there was no reference to stretch, but highlighted on the page of "st" words under "strength" was a fabulous path to head down. 2 Samuel 22 finds David not acting as shepherd, harpist, warrior or king, but as a poet expressing praise. I am going off to dig through all 51 verses, but for now will share what was highlighted....
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Going to Biblegateway there were numerous references to "stretching out". A verse that will probably go down as my 2010 verse which comes to me again and again in a year so far which has been filled with waiting on the Lord popped up in the stretch search...

Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust. Proverbs 4:23

In a time when so many in our nation are aching, this is great advice on whence to keep our focus.
Father, turn our prayers to praise today for it us You who holds the future! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?