Dilute

January 13

The word on my mind this morning was dilute, which means to thin, weaken, or diminish. Maybe I was dreaming about pouring apple or orange juice for our grandson, and diluting it with water. All I know is when I thought about how the word might be referenced to Christ what came to mind was the way we busy ourselves and show priority to things other than Christ.
Watching the Auburn-Oregon game was priority for me Monday night. My husband and I enjoy the TV show NCIS, so don't expect us to answer the phone from 8-9 PM on Tuesday night. For some people nothing will get in the way of their exercise class or their tennis/golf time. Family night is an awesome idea, but does it come before time with the Lord?
If we had a passion meter attached to our bodies which registered the amount of time we gave to the Lord each day, how often would it read empty? In our marriages we wouldn't tolerate our spouses having affairs. Hmmm, I wonder if God looks at our diluted, diminished time from Him as cheating on Him.

Jeremiah 2:2 says: I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me.

PT God, if we get real we will recognize who you are as our Creature. You didn't have to make us at all. Time and time again in Genesis 1, after you created something you said it was good.
The more we nurture a relationship the richer it becomes. Forgive us for not realizing You created us with a desire to be "in relationship" and "in love" with us. May we give you a huge chunk of our day each day. Kind of nice that You are invisible, so we can slip you into any situation! Oh, wait...You are there anyway, we just need to acknowledge You! Help each of us to take the next 5 minutes and do nothing but tell You we love You, thank You for caring about us and giving You our undivided, undiluted concentration so You can speak to us. In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?