Examination

January 14
Taking my own advice yesterday, I surrendered to some time alone with the Lord. Looking at Moses on the floor I realized he had found the only streak of sunlight on the carpet and laid right in its path. I thought..."Sit in the Son's rays."
Sensing a chill in the air I turned on the gas fireplace and sat in front of it. Ah, sitting by a fire allows heat (or Christ) to radiate. Looking at the flickering flames with amazement I wondered if fire astounds us because it is something we cannot do ourselves. If so, we should be astonished by Christ for the same reason. The minutes were flying by and I was enjoying the intimate time of fellowship. "Examine me from head to toe," I requested of the Lord.
Feet-"Where am I going that might not be pleasing to God?" A reminder game to mind that "omission" can be a sin as well, so it is wise to question..."Where I am not willing to go?"
Knees -mine are full of pain, so there came a quick reminder to pray for so many who are enduring awful physical pain. The other suggestion...be flexible and responsive to what the Lord is doing.
Buttocks-Jesus cushions the blows we take. :) Also Jesus is our front and "rear" guard!
Torso-It is a container of varying, precious parts, which all have specific roles. Rather similar to the body of Christ. Interesting point....recognize our heart condition affects the rest of the body.
Head-the control tower! Who is at the controls? Whose orders do we take?

Then the big question came...Wherever I ask you to go, will you go? Today? Tomorrow?

Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind. Psalm 26:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?