His Presence


January 4
The Lord will stay on your case like an intense coach when He wants to get through to you. I led Him on a chase this morning. There are four drafts for other blog ideas I began writing this AM, but they were all my ideas. The word presence has been hounding me the past week. The Christmas hubbub drew me away from His presence and into my world of trying to bring joy myself. This morning I even went as far as to do a search of verses with the word presence, but I wanted to write on something else. Time got away from me and Nancy Lee DeMoss's radio program Revive Our Hearts was coming on and I decided to listen. She was teaching from Numbers 6:25, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, and says that his face shining upon you relates to being in His presence. BAM Got my attention.
Stop! Wait! Check this out! I am rejoicing in the Lord right now. Totally amazing how personal He is!
THE BIRDS ARE BACK IN TOWN!
For those of you who have read along with me the past few years you know about how The Father, Son and Holy Spirit descended upon me one day in the form of 3 Seagulls (which I chose to see as doves). Last winter they did not come, which most people in the cove found great relief in because that meant their boathouse roofs did not get covered in bird poop. God uses these birds in my life as a symbol of His presence. Interesting aside that He would use birds....I am afraid of them due to my 4th grade girlfriend making me watch "The Birds" with her.
God is doing a "God thing" with me right now. As if saying, "My presence is with you." Pausing in my typing I looked out the window and what did I see? I saw three white seagulls flying straight at me. (Hey, that may be a new children's book I need to write.) Sometimes the simplest of His signs brings rejuvenation. Ok, back to the meat of the matter.
DeMoss went on to say that Moses knew not to go out without God's presence. The Lord replied, My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. Then Moses said to him, If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. Exodus 33:14-15
Do we pray that daily? I think that is our nudge for today....let's pray.

PT God, you are our God and we will always praise You. We will seek You in the morning and learn to walk in Your ways and pray that step by step You'll lead us, while we honor You all of our days. We come into Your presence with thanksgiving in our hearts this day and ask that You stay with us, never forsaking us, never leaving us, but teaching us and training us to be like Your Son in whose name we pray. Amen

PS. Since I did all that presence research I will make a page with some of those verses and see what the Lord is up to with those. He may have one just for you!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?