Look Up

January 25

I hope the link above opened for you and you were able to receive the "Look Up" card today.
God is up to something. He is always doing a new work, sometimes we are just too busy to notice.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber...Psalm 121:1-3

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

God has had me over the grill (hot coals) the past few days (trying to tenderize me). The scenarios have been beyond belief and at times I wondered why He even bothers continuing this training course with me. Amidst all the obstacles we have house guests (a young couple with whom we have been doing pre-marital counseling and wedding planning). They have gotten to see marriage in action, while some interesting darts were tossed our way, some huge faith hurdles placed before us and hugs, kisses and prayerful looking to the Lord that keep us keeping on.

Now I am sick and can't go for cake testing. :( Fever, headache, cold, dripping junk down the back of my throat have gotten the best of me and slowed me down. A long road trip ahead of me tomorrow may have others preferring to not ride with Miss Germy. Feeling really crummy, I opened the devotional by Sarah Young called, Jesus Calling and found comfort in these words for a day where I most likely won't get much done.
"Sit still in the light of My Presence, and receive My Peace. These quiet moments with Me transcend time, accomplishing far more than you can imagine. Bring Me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones."

PT Lord, even in the lowlands, ok yes, even from the pit, we come and offer You our sacrifice of praise and profess with joy and thanksgiving the name of Jesus. Transform us from the inside out and hold our hands along the way. In Jesus' Name, Amen
See if you can pull up this Godtube about a praying parrot and repeat after him!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?