Eagles' Wings

March 14
What a beautiful weekend we had here in SW Virginia. Sitting out on our patio yesterday, I became so hot I took off my sweater. No sooner had it dropped from my shoulders than a wild wind whipped in sending a chill across my body which had me scrambling to get my arms back into that sweater. Once again I thought about the amazing power of God to change things in an instance.
Looking down on my lap, at the Numbers passage in my study Bible, this question was posed on the page. "Under what circumstances are you most prone to forget who God is and what he's done for you?" As I finished reading, the wind whipped up again like a roaring lion!
I journaled...Over and over again, like the tides of the ocean or the sun coming up each day, You are faithful. Your faithfulness does not mean life is easy, but that you are with us through it all and waiting for your perfect time to bring us home.
The fellowship was so sweet, but rudely interrupted as three crows flew into a tree by the water and began their obnoxious caw, caw. Then I got a "God Moment". I began to sing out loud filled with the Spirit and asked the angels encamped around this property to shoo those crows away. They spread their slick black wings and flew across the cove to a neighbor's yard. Before their legs hit the ground a gorgeous eagle appeared soaring on the wind currents. This creature circled higher and higher without flapping a wing as the image of the moon created a magnificent backdrop. It was a "God-time," which increased my faith.
Celebrate God. Sing together-everyone!
All you honest hearts, raise the roof!
Psalm 32:11
PT
Father, you are worthy, worthy to be praised. How often do we do that though? Forgive us for the mornings when You are not the first things on our minds and for the evenings when we fall asleep without thankful hearts for making it through another day. Open our minds and our hearts in a fashion that we don't miss the "God Moments" where you intend to show us how to soar above our current situations on eagle's wings. May today be the day when we shout...now that was a "God-thing". In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?