My Father's Business

March 7
When you have a bank account you usually make deposits and withdraws.
If we could view monthly statements of our spiritual lives how would they appear?
The deposits would come from the securities and investments we are making to enhance our spiritual growth... Bible studies, prayer lives, sermon notes, etc.
The withdraws become visible when we put those "learnings" (kind of like earnings) into action in a way which brings glory to God and gives others a glimpse of what Jesus is like.
From an early age, Jesus knew what it meant to be about His Father's business.

And when they (Joseph and Mary) saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, Child, why have You treated us like this? Here Your father and I have been anxiously looking for You. And He said to them, "How is it that you had to look for Me? Did you not see and know it is necessary for Me to be in My Father's house and about My Father's business? But they did not comprehend what He was saying to them. Luke 2:48-50

PT
Father, the instructions you have left for us are full of wisdom and ways for your work to be done.
Forgive us when our focus hovers on our needs and desires and Your ways and Your wishes (which will be done) are far from our earthly priorities. There is comfort in this story of Mary and Joseph, who had to know better than anyone who Jesus was, yet they were limited in their comprehension of His work and His wonders. Help us to not hoard the spiritual deposits of knowledge we are learning about You, but to withdraw them from their place in our lives and pass them on. In Jesus' Name, Amen

He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom,
so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.
Colossians 1:28

My Father's Business
I learned the incredible knowledge that Jesus came to save.
I felt so warm and fuzzy knowing of His love and all He taught and gave.

My Bible was my resource and I kept it safely by my bed.
Inhaling all those scriptures, but not choosing the Good News to spread.

The thought then occurred to me of what my life might have been.
If no one had taken the time to share with me about my deadly sins.

Hoarding is so selfish and certainly not what Jesus taught.
I best get out and about My Father's business and
not face Him in heaven and be distraught.

INTERESTING...after writing the blog I turned on Nancy Leigh DeMoss's radio show.
Today she has Anne Ortlund on speaking about Multiplying of Effectiveness.
Invest in others and disciple. Check out: www.info@reviveourhearts.com



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?