Foot Path


Singing praise to the Lord

April 20
Our new grandson loves having scripture read to him. I've even been singing it over him.
Yesterday, I took the photograph of his precious, long skinny feet, This morning, while his mommy is sleeping, we decided to check out some scriptures related to where his feet may take him. I came upon Psalm 17 and was blessed by this verse which I am going to write in my Bible.

"I'm not trying to get my way in the world's way.
I'm trying to get your way, your Word's way."
Nibble on that one a bit today.
What are we doing today that will help God's Word come to fruition?
I will go with training up a child in the way he should go!
(Easy cop out, praying and rocking a newborn!)
Below are two translations from this Psalm.

Psalm 17:4-7
The Message
I'm not trying to get my way in the world's way.
I'm trying to get your way, your Word's way.
I'm staying on your trail; I'm putting one foot in front of the other.
I'm not giving up.

I call to you, God, because I'm sure of an answer.
So—answer! bend your ear! listen sharp!
Paint grace-graffiti on the fences;
take in your frightened children, who are running from the neighborhood bullies,
straight to you.

The NIV
Though people tried to bribe me,
I have kept myself from the ways of the violent through what your lips have commanded.
My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled.
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.

PT
Lord, what a week of emotions we are entering. Holy Week. From palm branches swaying, praises ringing out and a final supper with the best of friends, to the throws of lows such as belittling, betrayals, beatings and finally crucifixion...then we are catapulted to the earthly incomprehensible resurrection. Life is a lot like the highs and lows of this week. Our course seems smooth and on track. Then the bumps and jolts throw us into a disbelief that life could take such turns. When we allow these times to turn us to You and we experience Your peace and strength, we are resurrected to walk again. Thank You for being with us on every path our feet take. We love You Lord and will tell your story and of your glory today! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?