Missing An Angel



April 16-17
Back in the mid-seventies my husband romanced me through the music of a group called Tavares. They had a hit song called Heaven Must Be Missin' an Angel
The lyrics began this way:
Heaven must be missin' an angel
Missin' one angel, child, 'cause you're here with me right now
Your love is heavenly, baby. Heavenly to me, baby


While this is exactly the way we are all feeling about Baby Harrison right now, the truth is he is not an angel, but I believe with all my crazy, loving Jesus heart this child sees angels. As my husband would say..."That's just my personal option." There is going to be so much happening in heaven that is beyond our earthly comprehension right now and while we will want for nothing, I do hope we get to meet the angels who ministered to us here on earth.
Billy Graham has some wonderful writings about angels, which he confirms scripturally.
"Angels minister to us personally....We may not always be aware of the presence of angels. We can't always predict how they will appear. But angels have been said to be our neighbors. Often they may be our companions without us being aware of their presence. We know little of their constant ministry. The Bible assures us, however, that one day our eyes will be unscaled to see and know the full extent of the attention angels have given us. (1 Corinthians 13:11-12)

PT
Father, we thank you for the intricacies of your creation. From the air we breathe, to the water we drink, from the blood which was shed for our sins, to the angels watching over us...what a plan! To our angels out there, we say, "Thank you! Have a great day!" In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?