Move That Bus

April 26
The show, "Extreme Home Makeover" climaxes each Sunday night with the crowds shouting the phrase, "Move that bus!" Thus, revealing the new home. Late last night, my husband flew into Nashville. I've been here over two weeks and we've been missing one another. There is a ten minute parking area by baggage claim, but you have to stand outside your car with your trunk open. (I supposed signaling that you do not have a bomb in there.) Gazing towards the terminal, you can see an escalator which brings the passengers down to the baggage area. The thrill of anticipation was growing as I watched for my beloved. Then a huge bus, which takes passengers to long term parking, pulled in and blocked my view. "Move that bus," I thought, "I want to be able to see my husband." Standing there watching all the people, I began to wonder how many of them were headed to heaven. Hmmm, had that bus been there to pick up the people who were in The Lamb's Book of Life, when the bus pulled away how many would have been left behind? As I leaned and careened, it made me contemplate a scenario where God is looking down upon those lost sheep, yearning every moment for another to fall in love with Jesus and thus be able to ascend to the heavenlies.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:14

PT
Father, give us eyes to see the world as you do today. Move the bus, which blocks our hearts from having compassion for the lost. Open our mouths to speak words full of heavenly expectations. Give us the courage to ask...Are you headed to heaven?" In Jesus' Name, Amen

PS. Thanks so much for the prayers for our daughter. She just came in my room and said, "Mom, I am feeling so much better."


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?