Same Mindset



April 29
Let me preface today's devo with the fact that I am a bit sleep deprived after 18 wonderful days of the newborn experience and my brain is no where near articulate functioning level. Driving along I81 last night we came upon the town Glade Springs, VA. Actually, I should say, the remains of Glade Springs. Never in my life have I seen first hand the destruction of a tornado. Traffic was backed up 10 miles. Even in the darkness, I was drawn to roll down my window and gazed more closely to try to comprehend what was before me. Prayers immediately poured out of my mouth when we realized what we were seeing. As much as my heart is longing to hold our new grandson, it is also aching with compassion for the people walking around Glade Springs looking for whatever "remains" of their life they can find.

Paul wrote in Philippians 2:5...
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.

Do our hearts direct our minds or our minds direct our hearts?
What is the heart of Christ like?
Compassionate...Forgiving...Humble...Loving...Merciful...Understanding....Unselfish...
Eager to obey.

This weekend let's take a deep, self evaluating look at each of those characteristics and see if they are visible in our own lives. I'll sleep a little more and then continue!




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?