Simple Encouragers

April 25
I knew I was not in Moneta anymore when I pulled into Kroger to find out they have valet parking! Today's entry will be quick as my daughter is very sick with an infection and we are waiting to hear from the doctor, the sink has been clogged since Easter afternoon and I am waiting for the plumber while still in my pajamas and I put that baby down somewhere and need to go find him! :)
With my daughter being so sick, we didn't get out to church so I took time when everyone else was down for a nap to dig into J. Oswald Sanders The Incomparable Christ. Over and over again I was thrilled by this writing.
Sometimes the tiniest things can bring great comfort. A newborn baby's smiles automatically makes you smile back. Someone reaching out and gently holding your hand or a beautiful bouquet of flowers can hit the senses in a positive matter. Prayer or the written or spoken word can penetrate our souls and fill them with healing. That is what overcame me as Sanders deciphers details which occur on the cross.

May this thought encourage your faith today:
Though forsaken by God, His faith did not suffer an eclipse, but rather laid firmer hold on the eternal. Feeling forsaken of God, He rushed into the arms of God and these arms closed round Him in loving protection.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?