A Different View

May 21-22
Several weeks ago I shared with you that a duck had laid 9-10 eggs in one of our planters on our dock. Thursday evening we went down to check on her and there was one loan egg abandoned in the nest and she was swimming along with three little ducklings. My heart was heavy as I bemoaned the fate of the other babies. Late last night, I heard a duck quacking in what appeared to be a panic. I jumped up, turned on all the exterior lights and ran onto my screen porch and screamed out into the darkness..."Leave those ducks alone!" Things quieted down and then about an hour later the scene repeated itself.
We lose things in life...jobs, homes, health, relationships, marriages, loved ones, our joy...
but no one can take away our Jesus and the love the Father has for us.
The verse on my calendar today read:
In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.
Psalm 94:19 (New NIV)

I could not recall ever reading this verse, but found great comfort in David's honesty that his anxieties were many. Just this morning in a prayer time with my husband, I had asked the Lord to keep me from being fearful and then along came this Word! Typing my way to Biblegateway, I enjoyed munching on this verse in some other translations and hope if your heart is troubled in any way, you will be encouraged.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (NIV)

When the cares of my heart are many, you consolations cheer my soul. (ESV)

Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I am slipping I'm falling, " your love, God, took hold and help me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?