The Garden Bench


May 10
The hunt has been on for over a month to find a garden bench to match this one I found in March at TJMAXX for $49. From Roanoke to Nashville and Lynchburg to VA Beach, I've run into almost every TJMAXX, Marshall's and Home Goods in search of this item for our patio.
Sunday, as I combed the rows of merchandise in VA Beach the Lord stopped me in my tracks.
"You haven't sought me for a moment today child," was his gentle truth expressed, "yet you are frantic to find this piece of pottery for your patio." Part of me thought by confessing that truth and asking for forgiveness I would then see the blue and white wonder as I walked from the store. Not so.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

There is something satisfying to me about hunting down a specific item. Especially in a discount store. Things go out of style, get broken or stained and are temporal. The thrill of an item hunt cannot compare with the fulfillment exuded in spiritual seeking. Truth revealed sticks with your soul and carries you into eternity.

PT
Lord, we know of your wondrous love for us. The plans and purposes You have for us line up perfectly with Your promises. May the top of our "to do" lists today say..."Seek the Lord first!"
When we dig into Your Word, and fall on our faces before You listening for your will and your way, confessing our sins, please be faithful to give us a holler back Lord. We love You so. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?