My Shepherd


May 16-17
Psalm 23... Think About this Psalm of David's
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Hmmm. "I shall not want."
Looking back on the past few weeks, what are things you have wanted?
My husband always adds to his dinner blessing by asking God for a good night's sleep.
I want good health for some people who just can't seem to get it.
Many have wanted the Mississippi not to flood and tornadoes to be non-existent.
There are thousands of college students wanting good grades on their final exams and others desperately wanting to find a job.
Spouses, babies, someone to love...all fall into a category of things desired.

When we tally our "want list" up, how does our desire for relationship with Christ and the wanting of God's will fit into the list?
Sometimes He allows things to come into our lives which cause us to lie down by still waters and contemplate the situation.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?