A Piece of Peace in the Storms of Life



May 19
The past week has been filled with unpredictable weather. We were out on the boat this weekend headed toward sunshine and white fluffy clouds. I turned around in my seat to hold our grandson and saw a big storm brewing from the south, back towards our home. We contemplated the choices of racing home towards the storm to the safety of our boathouse or rushing on towards the sunshine hoping the storm didn't follow us.
Today, the first three devotionals I studied were all "peace" related. My mind thought..."Ugh, what are You preparing me for today Lord?" Life is full of storms and try as we may we can't run from them. We do serve a mighty God who stands beside us through the struggle.
Yesterday, the naval jets were in full force on their practice runs over Virginia Beach. The sound of those engines is so intimidating. My grandson and I had strolled to the park. Each time a jet flew overhead he would run to me and press one ear against my leg and cover his other ear. I would place my hand on top of his to help keep the sound out. After the reverberations of the sound waves left our proximity, he would go back to playing. This exhibited a perfect picture of God's love...we can run to him, find security and peace knowing He is close by, and then step back into the process of life.

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me. Psalm 50:15

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11

Just as God is peace to us, He calls us to be peacemakers like himself.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. James 3:17-18

So whatever we face today may God bring on a piece of peace to see us through!

"When suffering comes, learn to trust each day into God's hands."
Billy Graham

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?