Stained

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18
May 20
Discussing the need for an updated pair of blue jeans my daughter commented, "Those white jeans look good on you mom. Who are they by?" I didn't even know, but appreciated the compliment. When I got home I took three pair of white pants, which all had some stains and began soaking them in Oxyclean. What occurred were three pair of white pants with huge brown stains all over them. The leather designer label had bled on to all the pants. Re-soaking the two no-name pants brought forth some clean white pants in which I had never received a compliment. The fine fanny fitting designer pants came clean everywhere except around the label. I contemplated just wearing a belt, but the stain went below the belt line. Then it came to me...cut off the fancy label and re-soak them. Hmm, then nobody would know they were designer jeans. Designer jeans are not of eternal value! Off with the label!

Isn't that how sin operates in the world...we think we need to indulge in it to gain acceptance, inclusion, or self-satisfaction, when in actuality it is staining our lives and needs to be totally cut out!
From Jesus Calling today.
"When your sins weigh heavily upon you come to Me. Confess your wrongdoing, which I know all about before you say a word. Stay in the Light of My Presence, receiving forgiveness, cleansing and healing. Remember that I have clothed you in My righteousness, so nothing can separate you from Me. Whenever you stumble or fall, I am there to help you up.
Man's tendency is to hide from his sin, seeking refuge in the darkness. There he indulges in self-pity, denial, self-righteousness, blaming, and hatred. But I am the Light of the World, and My illumination decimates darkness. Come close to Me and let My Light envelop you, driving out darkness and permeating you with Peace."

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?