A Friend Loves at All Times



July 19
Oliver, the cat (who is much more like a dog), lives next door to me. Yesterday, while visiting with his owner, I missed an opportunity to win America's Funniest Videos. This cat took his paw and pinned my neighbor's little black poodle down and began to clean her face. Black hair usually falls across the face of this dog, but by the time Oliver finished with her she not only had a shiny clean face, but also a wet mohawk sticking straight up in the air and no hair across her eyes.

There are times in life when we need a friend who is willing to enter into a sticky situation and help clean us up. Thinking back on my life I give thanks to God for the friends who have come and were willing to "lick" my wounds after the birth of babies, during illness and the deaths of loved ones. Also, there have been times like children's weddings, Sunday church services, and a ministry called "Docksiders" that I needed the hair pulled back away from my eyes to see my way clear through exhausting events and friends where there to lend a helping hand.

The most amazing times are when I've told no one about a "low tide" pulling me down and God sends a friend unexpectedly through the door to pin me down for a cup of tea, a boat ride, or another simple distraction wherein they offer comfort without even knowing it.

Lord, today we give You praise and thank you for the friends in our lives who love at all times. When You prompt us to go to someone's side may we be quick to obey.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?