Remember Me

July 1
Ok, three pop ups in my face and I know what I am to write about today. It was not the way I was going at all, but I learned long ago the Lord's way is better. All morning there have been distractions, which have kept me from my quiet time. Stained clothing, a wasps' nest, thirsty flowers, a mess on the floor, the door bell, the temptation of Facebook and emails and more. I awakened early, but instead of heading off with the Lord, I thought..."I've just get some chores out of the way", but one thing led to another...not the Lord. Cleaning out a kitchen drawer I came across a scrap of paper where I had written the names of a couple songs. One song was "Remember Me," by Mark Schultz
Then I opened an email from a friend entitled, "Remember Me" about our soldiers. Finally, getting around to reading Jesus Calling I got the message. "Be willing to fight for this precious time with Me. Opposition comes in many forms: your own desire to linger in bed; the evil one's determination to distract you from Me; the pressure of family, friends, and your own inner critic to spend your time more productively. As you grow in your desire to please Me above all else, you gain strength to resist these opponents. Delight yourself in Me, for I am the deepest Desire of your heart."

Now you are reading this and I don't believe it is a coincidence. Wherever you are sneak away for some "face time" with Jesus and be thrilled that He wants to speak to you.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?