Teachability

July 27
Young children are easily taught. It has been such a blessing to have our grandchildren here this week and be able to pray these prayers of character directly to them.
Teachability...is developing a heart-attitude that seeks God's guidance for living to honor Him each day.
Teachability...helps our children prepare their hearts to be faithful to God.
Teachability...is having a mind that seeks truth and having ears that are sensitive and willing to hear knowledge and rebuke.
Teachability...is allowing ourselves to be instructed by the Lord.

"God and Savior, You alone are able to guide my child in the right path. I place this child in Your loving care. I ask that You would instruct him in Your truth and teach him Your way. May this child's hope be in You each and every day of his life."

...guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5b

"Father, it is Your own Spirit that teaches us through Your Word. I pray this child will yield to Your instruction. Please protect this child from developing a stubborn or rebellious spirt. May he be a spiritual sponge, soaking up Your truth."

Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their forefathers-a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him.
Psalm 78:7-8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?