Skip to main content

Clear Out Debris and Clutter

November 7
If you read Sunday's devotional "Getting Real", you are aware I was hoping to be able to skip today and get on with the mess we are in. I wasn't skipping my quiet time with God, just you all! :) Opening today's devotional in Jesus Calling my jaw dropped with the confirmation on those pages. Yesterday, I'd referred to the "letting go of control" lesson I sensed the Lord trying to teach me. Today I read: "I am working My ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being. My main work is to clear out debris and clutter," (you have got to be kidding me) "making room for My Spirit to take full possession. Collaborate with Me in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away. I know what you need, and I have promised to provide all of that-abundantly! Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way. I am training you to depend on Me alone, finding fulfillment in My Presence. This entails being satisfied with much or with little, accepting either as My will for the moment instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive. Cultivate this receptive stance by trusting Me in every situation."

One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

Opening my email, early this morning, my eyes were drawn to a link from my husband. He was reading My Utmost for Your Highest and was blown away by God's personal message for us. By simply absorbing (you can tell I've been in a wet mess with that word coming to mind) two devotional messages with their scriptures this morning, my heart is changed to God's mindset. By the time this process is complete at least twenty people will have come to Shiloh related to this mess and I will have talked to several others on the phone. I've already missed some opportunities, but I will back track and try to find them. I am typing up a special devotional, giving each person one of Betty Ashton's CD and explaining that God has put it on my heart to pray for them. Please lift me up, as I die to self and try to live for the Lord through this experience.


We know that all things work together for good to those who love God . . .
—Romans 8:28

"The circumstances of a saint’s life are ordained of God. In the life of a saint there is no such thing as chance. God by His providence brings you into circumstances that you can’t understand at all, but the Spirit of God understands. God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you. Never put yourself in front of your circumstances and say, “I’m going to be my own providence here; I will watch this closely, or protect myself from that.” All your circumstances are in the hand of God, and therefore you don’t ever have to think they are unnatural or unique. Your part in intercessory prayer is not to agonize over how to intercede, but to use the everyday circumstances and people God puts around you by His providence to bring them before His throne, and to allow the Spirit in you the opportunity to intercede for them. In this way God is going to touch the whole world with His saints."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?