Consequences for Disobedience

October 24
Here's an aside...from Jonah, but actually rather related in the area of disobedience.
Hope this youtube link makes you laugh today. It came from my dear friend Bob, in Minneapolis.


If that didn't bring you a bit of laughter, 
maybe our grandson as a frog on a log will bring joy to your day.


I started the Jonah study to support a friend, who is doing the study.  Another friend had the workbook (already completed) and loaned it to me.  In week two there is this question:
"Right now is the knowledge of God's ubiquitous presence comforting or discomforting to you?  Why?"  She answered "comforting" because "I am not running-I don't think".  I appreciate her "I don't think" honesty.  The same response crossed my mind,  but it was revealed to me that was WRONG.
God used the friend (totally unaware to her), with whom I offered to do this study, to convict me. She nailed my ten year area of disobedience in an email.  Opening up to her, I now have a feeling this younger woman is going to keep me accountable.
I don't want to go to Nineveh!  I just want to baby sit my grandchildren.


Shirer points out..."The decisions you are making today will impact your tomorrow.  How you choose to respond to God's leading right now will determine how your future unfolds.  Every "David" will end up in a web of deception.  Every prodigal will find himself in a pigsty, and every Jonah will look up and see storm clouds gathering. It's only a matter of time."

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you 
but to fear the Lord your God,
to walk in OBEDIENCE to him,
to love him, 
to serve the Lord your God with all 
your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 10:12


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?