Don't Let it Slip On By

My maternal grandparents.
October 13-14
Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.
Proverbs 1:8-9

Friday, I opened the godtube video below, which had come by email.  I was really in a hurry and it didn't look very exciting (didn't even list an artist). Fortunately, I watched and I hope you all will listen.
Time is precious, relationships should be cherished.  Don't let a day slip by without investing in one!
Watch:
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0JEMFJNU&utm_source=GodTube%20Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10/12/2012

My father is 92 and he is more than precious. He was a very successful businessman, but he always found time for family.  My mother, who died 12 years ago,  had a serious drinking problem, but he stood by her and loved her in the good times and bad.  Several beautiful albums sit on his coffee table and he goes through them every day to keep the memories fresh.  Every dance card from their college dances graces one album!  In another room, every space is covered in stacks of pictures.  Selecting his favorites, he is making copies for all his grandchildren.  These photographic memories bear testimony to the love they knew.

Like the man in the video, my father lost a son.  My brother drown 25 years ago and son died 13 years ago.  At the age of sixteen, my grandfather was murdered and 11 days later I found my grandmother dead from a heart attack. When you lose someone so close to your heart, there is a magnification for the importance of loving those you have left. Lately, each time I visit my father, he gives me an old photograph to cherish. He continues to teach me the importance of commitment.
Don't let time slip away, without investing in the lives of those you love.  A visit, a card, a Skype session, a phone call or picture by email help us keep connected before our time on earth slips away.





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?