Jonah Prayed and Went

 Fall is beginning to fade away way too quickly.  Winter is supposed to whisk in next week.

October 26
Jonah willing let the sailors toss him overboard. He recognized his guilt and was ready to receive the consequences.  Shirer lists four steps for reconciling with God.
1. Acknowledge our sin
2. Accept God's discipline
3. Ask for forgiveness
4. Act on God's direction

Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the stomach of the fish.
Jonah 2:1

Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time, saying, arise, go to Nineveh.
So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh according to the word of the Lord.
Jonah 3:1-3

We serve a God of second chances (look at Jonah, David, Sarah, Aaron, Peter, and ME) and we walk a walk in which we can see the magnificent work by the Holy Spirit.  It is interesting to me that Jonah was spit out of the great fish back near Joppa, his starting point.  Wouldn't it have been easier if he had landed in Nineveh?  God placed him back at his decision making point. A 500 mile hike to Nineveh.
My girlfriend was praying for my obedience and prayed I would be able to do what God is calling me to do with JOY!  There is a difference in responding to a request out of the mode of "because you told me to" and an attitude of "I will serve with joy"!

Father, I pray that we your children would learn to say, "Yes, here I am send me" the first time, but when it takes more persuasion that  You will call on us again and find us willing to proceed with Your plans with a spirit of joy.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?