Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Sorry about yesterday's scriptures. I didn't proof the entry and had tried to cut and paste the verses, which did not work. Probably because God wanted me to typed them into my heart. They are fabulous verses for us this time of you.

December 12
While listening to Chris Tomlin’s Christmas CD, I was really getting into the spirit and rejoicing. As I thought about the word rejoice, the meaning of the prefix “re” came to mind.  It means again and again. Indicating repetition or restoration. Wow, Jesus’ love for us is certainly repetitious…he forgives us again and again and again. In fact his forgiveness and restoration is unlimited.

In Christ we are "recycled" creatures...reusable refuse!  
Now that’s reason to rejoice again and again.

We had a group of students visiting our home one Sunday morning for a church service in our yard. Deke was preaching on the importance of the foundation of our faith. , Being an educator, he asked the students what the three “r”s of learning were.  The anticipated answer… reading, riting and rithmetic. The comeback was…reduce, reuse, recycle.  That threw him for a loop.  But I think those three “r” words are excellent in our relationship to Christ.
He reduces the death penalty for our sin (actually lets us go free), he reuses us for the purposes for which we were ordained and he recycles our potential by putting into action our God giving gifts and talents.


 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  
Philippians 4:4

My hear, O God, is steadfast;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Psalm 108:1

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Psalm 105:3

He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth.
Luke 1:14
   

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?