Comfort


May 3-4
The plea for prayer came as our daughter decided her now three year old son needed to give up his Wubbies.  (Pacifiers with a small stuffed animal on the end.)  Creatively she snipped off the pacifier part, and told him they had worn out, but he could still have the stuffed animal. The tears came pouring out and he began to suck on the stuffed trunk of an elephant.  "Gross!" our daughter texted.  Then came the information from friends, who have walked this road before her, that it usually takes three days of tears until they accept this heart break and are able to go to sleep without the pacifier. I texted her back that I was guessing the three years of comfort those pacifiers had brought to bedtime and a little boy's broken heart for various reasons and "boo boos" was well worth the three days of rough, tough, bedtime and nap times.

This episode ensued on the exact same day that I was tearful over the loss of my father.  Talking tearfully to our adopted daughter I said, I'd concluded that despite the pit in the stomach feeling of grief I was incurring, it was definitely worth the 56 years of love from a godly father which had brought about these feelings.

I am so thankful, this grandchild mentioned above is being raised in a home where he is being taught o he one true source of comfort, that surpasses all others.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.
2 Corinthians 1: 3

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.
Psalm 119:50

 May your unfailing love be my comfort.
Psalm 119:76 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1