Go With the Teachable Moments


May 20

Standing on a step ladder, my frustration grew as I tried to replace the bathroom fan cover and a couple can light fixtures.  I'd taken the economical way of asking a neighbor to help me with a ceiling leak issue at a discounted price.  You get what you pay for. I was left to do things I really didn't have the skills for, but the girl from Dancing with the Stars, who has no legs, inspired me to persevere.  Only moments into this project I felt God teaching me.

Here are three things I learned.
#1 You get what you pay for and Jesus paid it all, so that those who believe in Him will "get" eternal life!
#2 It is good to pray and persevere.
#3 Sometimes we strive to do things that we aren't capable of doing, like working our way into heaven.  It's not going to happen.
At one point I realized the bulb neck (not sure if that is the proper term, but it works for me) was broken and no matter what I tried, that bulb was not going to shine.  Aren't we like that?  We are broken and sinful and without a replacement, like Jesus in us, we are not going to shine in heaven!

While the project was taxing, the lessons learned have put a spark in my step today!

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind
toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:5-6


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1