Totally Trustworthy

Today we pray with an attitude of trust that God will lead our surgeon to remove all the cancer cells from my husband's forehead.
May 6
I received an assignment from a spiritual formation group, which I'm involved in, to meditate on a scripture each day this week and ask God what he has for me to learn from that particular verse. The next instruction is to turn the verse into a prayer.  The verse I selected yesterday came from Sarah Young's devotional book Jesus Calling.
Young writes, "Relax in the knowledge that the One who controls your life is totally trustworthy.  Come to me with confident expectation."
The statement really was timely as I had felt a trust had been betrayed by someone this past weekend.  I'd decided to tackle the issue by "praying it, not saying it" and moving on with confident expectation that God would work all things together for good.

The verse: Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
Psalm 95:2

The catch is to come to God with thanksgiving before he delivers a positive outcome.  We come before Him in this manner, because he is totally trust worthy.

The prayer: Lord, find me faithful to come before you in thanksgiving, no matter what I face. May my heart always sing out to you!  In Jesus' name. Amen 

  


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?