What's in it for Me?




May 5

Say what Lord?  "What's in it for Me?" was God's response to one of my prayer requests. It caught me off guard, until I reflected on the verse which came up during the ending conversation in our neighborhood Bible Study.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
Colossians 3:23 

Would our prayer requests change, if each time we evaluated…."How will the answer to this prayer bring God glory?"

Again and again the reality that this life is not about me, but has a much grander perspective beyond my  comprehension, has been coming to mind.  We are not expected to grasp the ways of God, but we are to continue to seek him.  In the seeking I continue to learn deep truths.

At our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party this weekend, the theme was "Frozen" a recent Disney hit. The theme song is titled "Let it Go!"  One day God will call to us and we will let this life this earthly life go and enter into the Glory of God's presence and realize, it all really is about Him!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1