Work Prompted By Love

May 21
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.  We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.   1 Thessalonians 1:2-3

I'm on an exhausting work mission this week and came across this verse that was "spot" on!  The words that grabbed me at first were work prompted by love.   Love and love alone is why I am doing what I am, but heading into day three I need to see that my endurance will be inspired by hope!  I've just killed eight mosquitos, swarming around my bed!

Summer is a fabulous time for missions work, whether at home or abroad.
Merriam Webster has a variety of definitions related to the work  mission.   For what I am attempting to accomplish I'll go with: a task or job that someone is given to do.

My prayer is that in the months ahead God will set before me a weekly mission.  An assignment which I can sense is God ordained and Holy Spirit sustained!  While my hope is that I don't have to leave Shiloh to fulfill the missions, I will be willing to follow wherever God leads.

Today, I am reflecting on all the times in life I've been the recipient of labors prompted by love.  Ha, ha…just living with me is a labor of love by my husband!  While I can go back to the times my mother or father held a wet washcloth upon my forehead when I was nauseous, some of the sweetest times are selfless acts of love I watched our children lavish upon my parents when they were alive.

Works prompted by love are worthwhile in the Lord's eyes!    

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1