You Are a Mother To Me

The four kids my mother loved.  (I'm the baby.)
May 13
A tug on my heart came, as I read the words of a friend whose only child has turned away.  Her grace, her beauty, her smile make her such a delight to be around.  The thought flashed into my mind, "You are a mother to me." Two other friends, who have never had children, entered my thoughts.  They are such a delight to me and fill voids that were left when my mother died.
A mother is unconditional love; a mother is there. A mother laughs with you, cries with you, directs your path and takes you for an ice cream cone on the tough days.
Thank God for the people he puts in our lives to love us and just be there when our mothers are gone or when their lives are in such a state, that they are unable to show the love we  need.

A friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17 

Take time to list and thank God for the mother substitutes you have had.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1