A Faulty Fast


August 12
Reading Sex and the Soul of a Woman, I was challenged to do a fast from solid foods for a day.  Around 3:30 hunger set in and I convinced myself that a yummy Halifax cantaloup, once chewed up thoroughly, would go down like liquid!  Reaching for the melon the Spirit said, "Why are you doing that?"  My reply, "Because it is there and it is good." God spoke, "I am here and I am good too!"
I spit the piece of melon out in the trash.

How quick we are to substitute what is good for who is truly GREAT!

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.  Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom…Psalm 145:1-3

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?