Drop Area


August 11
One Monday morning, my husband and I acquired permission to walk the golf cart path at a nearby golf course. I about collapsed in the heat and hilly terrain, but loved the adventure.  At one, high point, I told my husband I felt like I was getting turf toe, banging my toes into the ends of my shoes going down the hills.  He said, "Then walk backwards."  Brilliant idea, I just needed him to hold my hand as the incline was quite steep.

Ha!  When we are walking backward we certainly need Jesus to direct us to the correct path!

Reaching the bottom of this route and hole number 17, there was a pond and sign.  Maybe from the picture above you can see there is quite a drop and a pond before the green.  The sign said, "Drop area."  Not being a golfer, but a Jesus lover, I dropped right in that area and prayed thanking God for keeping my alive on this trek!

Today's verse on Biblegateway took me back to thinking about the signs and arrows we saw along the path that day.

How can a young person live a clean life?  By carefully reading the map of your Word. I'm single-minded in pursuit of you; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.  I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt. Be blessed, God; train me in your ways of wise living. I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth; I delight ar more in what your tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches.  I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it.  I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it.  Psalm 119:14 MSG

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1