Think it Through


August 4
Being that our family is in baby making mode these days,  I hear all the latest terminology.  Push presents, if given, were not called such 30 years ago.  Baby brain, wasn't a pregnancy symptom I recall having the privilege of using for excusing my mental lapses.  I do recall having a brain freeze and being unable to think through the following comment from the hospital representative, who was gathering birth record information:  "Is your husband the father of your baby?"

Repeating the phrase back to the woman, I was stumped for a minute.  Was this like the tricky phrasing of questions on the driver's license test?  Is my husband the father of my baby?  Ah, yes.  Seeing that she'd thrown me for a loop, she apologized and informed me that I'd be surprised how often that isn't that case.

Can I claim to have grandmother brain?  The kids have been here for five days and now I can't remember where I wrote this quote down from.  I'm fairly certain it is from Solo, The Message related to the book of 1 John.  I've read it over and over, thinking it through.  It's a deep thought.

"The love we've already experienced is chasing away fear, which often keeps us from loving others."

Who is fear keeping us from loving?  Christ's love outweighs any fear we can have.

Every God-begotten person conquers the world's ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith.  The person who wins out over the world's ways is simply the one who believers Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:4-5

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1