Give me an H

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 100:4
November 25
Do with lift our voices daily to tell Christ we are so thankful for Him? No matter how crummy the day may be going, no matter how much our hearts long for a different path, when there are no "happy" thoughts captivating our thought process, we can always revert our focus to Him.  Him, God in the flesh...our Example, Redeemer,  our Hope and Joy.

Standing in a church service recently, I didn't feel like singing praise for my feelings had just been hurt by a person I admire greatly.  Joy had been sucked out of me.  I was also in physical pain from a back injury and after sitting through the sermon, I really just wanted to make an exit.  Toying with that idea, I felt the Lord say, "You did not come here today to worship that man, you came to worship me. Now worship!"  Yes, I had entered His church that day with thanksgiving for Him and no matter the surrounding circumstances it was time to lift my voice in praise to the One who made me and sent Christ to save me.

He is our Redeemer!
He is our Hope!
He is our joy!

Today, Jesus, we give thanks for you and worship you with gladness!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?