The Thief

January 29
Tonight's dream has me up and typing at 2:20AM.  In the dream, bad weather had forced me to sleep overnight in an airport and I was robbed while I slept.  My driver's license, cash and credit cards, with the exception of 8 one dollar bills tucked away in the side of my wallet, were stolen. And of course in the dream I had no list of credit card numbers to be able to call and notify the companies.  It was so real, I got up and went to check my wallet!
Theft of any kind makes you feel so violated.


The thief coms only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

Jesus is warning in John 10:10, of how the devil delivers demise.  Satan's tactics and Jesus' are easily differentiated, as they are total opposites. When we receive Christ as savior, we receive an internal barometer geared for spiritual recognition. When we are baffled by an occurrence we can call upon the Holy Spirit to identify the source of origin for us.
If what has happened has stolen our peace or joy; killed our hope; or destroyed our love for one another, it's a given…the thief has come into our life.

Right now he is stealing my sleep; or God knows I need a wake up call and shouldn't have all my eggs (credit cards) in one basket and I need to update that emergency list.  I'm going to thank Him for the alert and go back to sleep meditating on …I have come that they might have life,and have it to the full!

PS…I took the wallet shot with my iPhone and used the light of my computer, so hopefully I didn't wake this sleeping husband beside me!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?