Yearnings

Making Valentines for the Grands

February 4
"A budget helps us live below our yearnings."
For me, one of the financial perks of living in a rural community is the lack of shopping.  The temptation of my favorite shopping ground, Home Goods, is far away and not available online.  Merriam-Webster says to yearn is to have a strong desire or wish for something or to do something.  
Chris Tomlin wrote a song called Better Is One Day referencing Psalm 84.  
 How lovely is your dwelling place, Oh, Lord Almighty!  My soul yearns, it even faints for You…my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 

WOW.  The presence of the living God, now that's something to yearn for!

The temptation for things is tough  The temptation to be accepted by what appears to be the in crowd is a lure.  Paul shares with us, in Philippians 4:11-13 a secret he unlocked.

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all things through him who gives me strength. 

Lord, may our greatest yearning be for you. In Jesus' Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?